A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Thursday, April 27, 2006

"Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster..."

Oh, I can see this becoming an addiction much too quickly...

Today is shaping up beautifully. I survived the freshman triple. I want a t-shirt saying something to that effect. No eight o'clock class allowed me to get sleep - it was kind of nice and reaffirmed my beliefs that I should never take a class that early ever again - I've done my time with one every day this semester. In my defense, I only missed 4, and two were in connection with my grandma passing away. All in all a pretty good record. We'll see if the test I get back tomorrow confirms that. I'm not thinking about that now though - it's out of my hands. Much time spent at the Masque table today - I wish I'd had more time for that this year; I do love those kids (and I should be shot for using a semi-colon in a journal entry). Volpe's class was cut significantly short - no complaints there. Soon its off for kissing and petting on the Quad. Yes, it's something I enjoy. What can I say? I'm a sucker for little animals. Breakfast for dinner tonight, followed by Improv and the "We Hate Boys" Night. It reminds me of my MSA ladies from freshman year...it's been too long.

And tomorrow - formal.

I'm absolutely thrilled. And that's without knowing the intricacies. To quote Dane Cook "I've just gotta dance." Looking back, it has been a long, long month. I'm not typically one for self pity (somewhat contrary to popular belief, I think), but I'd think the objective person would put me in the category of having had a pretty crappy April. So tomorrow, it's over. I made it through a year of college. Most importantly, I stayed fairly true to myself the entire time - nothing got done that I didn't want to see happen. If the person I was a year ago looked at me now, I think they'd be proud of the relative consistancy. Likewise, I think if the person I am a year from now looks back, they, too, will be satisfied with the progress made. I don't know how many people can say that. I'm single and happy - over two boys, two relationships - but content with what I learned from each. No regrets, which is a big deal for me - I'm usually one to dwell. So I deserve to dance. For hours. No questions, no reservations...

...just dance.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    Can we just dance together?

    You know how sometimes, even though you're okay, things still come back to haunt you and you get really sad and want to cry about it all over again? Yeah, it's kind of like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home