A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Thursday, May 25, 2006

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."

Oh, Office Space - As I've mentioned before, it honestly has become the story of my life. Not to mention my boss looks oddly similar to Bill Lumbergh. I'm there right now, taking a break from Sudoku and staring at the wall to write this. Aside from the relative boredom, things are going well. I've actually had a good week over all. You have five seconds to be shocked...

Ok that's enough. Saturday evening I got to play catch-up with some of the ladies from home and with Vaughn. Fantastic. We watched Just Friends - and you should to, if only for the first five minutes and the credits. Absolutely wonderful. Sunday held The Fray concert. They were amazing, especially considering I just started actually listening to them. I don't usually like going to see bands when I don't know the majority of the words, because (surprise, surprise) I like to sing along. They were really good though. One of my absolute favorite things at concerts is when the different bands will randomly come out and sing with each other. It's so cute when it's spontaneous. So they did that with the opening act The Damnwells, and it was awesome. I actually really liked The Damnwells, too. Yay for finding new bands.

This week has been La Salle's reunion week, it seems. Tuesday night I headed up to visit Mary Ellen in north Jersey. It was great. I got to meet a bunch of her friends and, despite the North Jersey/South Jersey rift, we really hit it off. But then again, how could you not over a night of Taboo, Leeches!, Komodo vs Cobra, and prank phone calls about devil moose? We also took in three episodes of Grey's Anatomy from Season 2 that she had on her computer. I am way too addicted to that show. Way. In addition to that trip - which was also my first major solo road trip (be proud for I only got lost once and found my way without panicking) - the hour approaches in which The Favorites will be reunited! Georgie is coming down this weekend. Madness will surely ensue. He gets to meet Jenna and most likely the majority of the rest of south Jersey. An expedition into the depths of the Pine Barrens is planned plus plenty of spontenaity. Yes, you read that correctly - I am going to be spontaneous. I can't wait. I miss my Georgie. And I miss the rest of you, too. Particularly the rest of my Quadropod who I have not heard from nearly enough this summer - Elise, where are my drunken phone calls? Stacey, where is that smiling face I need to see? Not cool. I don't like being so spread out. Story of the college student's life, I know. But now that I'm starting to see the kiddies from home more it's not as bad. Tonight is Cross's prom. A couple of the girls and I are going to Promenade to see everyone. My babies are getting so grown up. I am such a mom - I'm taking a million pictures. I'm glad I'm feeling better about home now. I think it was just apprenhension before. Now that I've started to see the girls again, I'm much more comfortable. Thank God.

Cut back to the office. I am currently playing the part of the receptionist. Pam the Receptionist. It's been done. Anyone watch The Office? Anyone? Quality. And my life.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    yay for updates! the excitement of reunion is amazing, isn't it? I hope to see you at some point in the summer and keep updating (i'm so bored!).

    <3

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger George said…

    im sooo super excited about ocmin to see you and ill believe that you can be spontaneous when i see it and thats right madness will ensue you show me a good time down in jersey and i will show you good bagels lol :)

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    Yay for updating <3

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    i agree with sara and meg...yea for updates! and i want a reunion...me and kate were talking...were thinking of meeting halfway..prehaps at your house?

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Useless Major said…

    There, I added you to my links. NERD. <3

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    Yeah, I remember it being on that custom "Last Performance of Shakespeare" Mix that I so rudely turned off without knowing. So yea, that and the whole dancing thing, and there ya go.

    Peace and Good Things :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home