A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Try a little tenderness...

I've been listening to Michael Buble on repeat for approximately two hours now. It makes me want to old-person dance with a boy. And I want him to know the words and sing them in my ear. And I want people to see. Rather than being the one who sees the cute couples doing their cute things, I want to be the cute couple.

In that vein, I want to go on a real date. Not this fake college "maybe we'll stop by the dining hall and then head back to my room to 'watch' a movie." A real date to some place just a little different. The zoo, perhaps. Something involving walking outside. I miss walking and hand holding in the process. I wonder if I'm still capable of that kind of multitasking.

I want to be surprised. I want someone else to make the effort relationship-wise. I want to make someone nervous. I want someone to make me nervous. I want to hear "You and I" and not feel like I'm feeling right now - like I could put my head down on the keyboard and cry if it weren't for a fear of short circut-ing something. I want to never have to be in a pseudo-relationship again. I want someone to get excited to see me and to miss me right after the door closes. I want what every other hopeless romantic wants.

I want to be wanted - above all, before all, after all, all-in-all.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    sigh...i totally agree dear. also, it's cool about the movie thing. you told me that you had a lot of work and such. i'm more bummed about the people who said that they were definitly coming and never showed. see you in an hour and a half.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    Sigh. I want to dance with my boyfriend (if I had one, hahaha), real sweet, like his left hand holding my right kind of out from our bodies, like you said, grownup dance. And I want him to sing "Save The Last Dance For Me". Or "Home". Sigh.

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Felicia said…

    word...

    even though i dont know if i really want a "boyfriend" but rather someone who does the majority of those things-- just more casual and without all the shit that goes with the whole "boyfriend" thing.


    so i guess what i am saying is that i want a fake boyfriend. someone who i can hang out with, carry a real conversation with, who likes to have fun but knows when to be serious... o yes cuddling is muy muy importante tambien!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    i miss your face. <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home