A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Final Countdown...

List 15 things that you want to say to people but never will. Don't say who they are. Never discuss it again.

1) I'm starting to worry I was wrong about you. I have this flawless image of you in my head and I don't want to believe that you are punching holes in it with every in-circles conversation we have. I want to keep you perfect.

2) You are starting to grate on my nerves and i can't place exactly why. I am not as predictable as you would like to think - nothing personal.

3) I miss you. I never thought you would completely put me in your past - I had every reason to think you'd be there in some aspect. That was selfish off me. I admit it...now please come home.

4) I practically idol-worship you. Well, not literally, but I just wish I could be like you. You would think I was crazy for saying that - but I would take your flaws over my best qualities any day of the week.

5) I wish you would trust me. Some has to help you at some point, and I promise you I would never let you down. There are few things you could do that I wouldn't forgive you for. I will always be there to catch you if you fall, even if you refuse to acknowledge it or me. I don't care, because I do.

6) If you asked me today, I would marry you tomorrow.

7) You treat me too well. I don't deserve it or you. People do not appreciate you nearly enough - if they had any idea how much you cared about them, they would be floored. I wish they could see that - I wish you would let them.

8) I think you are beautiful. It makes me jealous, but in a good way. I'm glad you are happy. You have no idea.

9) I'm scared about what I will do without you. I don't think you realize that every smile in your direction is sincere. Your apology was unnecessary and made me think even more highly of you. I miss you and you haven't gone anywhere.

10) You're not so bad. We even have some stuff in common - who knew? That doesn't mean you can hug me though - please don't try yet.

11) 'What ifs' weigh heavy on the minds of friends. You are in a good place and I hope you stay there.

12) Thank you for dealing with me. I'm a pain in the ass and what's worse is I know it. I hope I can change this and start to make it up to you. Your patience is awe-inspiring. I hope I can learn from it.

13) That person you're stuck on doesn't deserve you. I wish you would expand your horizons. Let someone love you. I'm sorry I don't always listen when you talk.

14) People can see right through you. Stop being so fake and throwing what you have in everyone's faces. They've caught on finally - have you?

15) You have the most beautiful smile I have ever seen - it's as confident as you are. I'm lucky to still have you. You know me as well as anyone - and if I forget that, you are quick to remind me. Keep cutting me down to size and reminding me that I don't know as much as I think I do.

Goodbye, 2006

(I'm scared of you, 2007)

7 Comments:

  • At 4:50 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    That's beautiful. I don't blog anymore, but you'd be on my list. Here goes nothing...

    I think you're amazing, and I kind of want to be you. You can do it all and it seems effortless. Except I know it's not. I know you work and try and cry and feel like you can't do it, but you can. And your results are amazing. Don't beat yourself down, you're much more capable than you think you are. Don't be afraid to take chances and fuck up, because in the end you'll be better off for it. I wish we were closer, I feel like I've known you for 2 years now, yet still don't really know you. Let's change that. And stop being so pretty. It pisses me off. (not really.)

    I hope your 2007 is everything you want it to be.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    this list, kinda puts me as a reader on edge, since we don't know what applies to whom (or me? who knows, i might not even be referred to). you know me, im paranoid. so, ill just have to pretend i didn't read it. i know you've gotta get stuff out sometimes.

    happy new year, hope you had a blast on NYE, and hope your New Year treats you well.

    Peace and Good Things :)

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Gwen said…

    i know I'm number 6, Pam... don't hide your feelings anymore.

    <3

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard the Sia remix and it made me think of you...in a lesbian way...

    -Mongi

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger George said…

    ok so i wont lie pammy im wondering if im up there and if so which one no need to tell me cuz i understand its a one and done sorta thing but yea way to make me wonder lol im not supossed to use my head until im back at school :)

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    I miss hanging out with you. We should remedy that soon. <3

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Val said…

    We should organize a late night showing one night. Like a girls' night or something. I'll have to grab it next time I'm home.

    Tis a classic!

    <3
    Your Pal,
    -Val

     

Post a Comment

<< Home