A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Saturday, May 19, 2007

No purpose...

I feel compelled to start writing again. Maybe it's the summer. Maybe it's the feeling like everything is just sitting in my brain and stagnating there and maybe if I move it around through something like this it will sort itself out. I have this picture of my brain like a Rubick's cube now. Maybe that makes a lot of sense.

I have nothing to actually say. That's a lie. I do have things to say but not the words to do so. I don't even know what those things are exactly, to be honest, but I know they're there. Just fuzzy and out of focus. My brain feels fuzzy. Now I have this picture of my brain like a peach.

Something isn't sitting right. I'm restless. I'm not content. People refuse to believe that it's just because I'm single. For awhile I wasn't one of those people. Now I'm thinking of joining their ranks. Something bigger is the issue here. I'm not doing enough and I'm doing too much. I want to change but I don't want to give up what I have. There is no in between on these issues. My resolution I promised lasted all of about a month and a half. Then I started talking again. Zero willpower. There have been changes, I've noticed. Want is still there but action is not. I've been more under control. I still care too much. That last part is why I say that I have been unsuccessful - it was the important part.

I'm projecting. Thinking ahead and making a plan. I think things will be staying very much the same as they are until I move to Georgia. I can't foresee anything happening that is going to really register in the long run happening before then. The big question is can I maintain my sanity if that really is the case. Or will I finally stop waivering between extremes and force a change before then? Zero willpower. I submit that I will not. And I will be waiting out the next two years. They'll be enjoyable enough. I will laugh and I will make unforgettable memories and fast friends. But I will be discontented. Admitting this alternately makes me feel better and worse.

I came to the conclusion awhile ago that I am not actually smart. I am just very good at school. I think this is going to bite me in the ass in approximately 5.5 years. I will be no good at real life. Perhaps I should consider a field invovling a longer schooling process. As if a doctorate wasn't enough.

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. Short. I haven't tried something like this before. It's a change. I'm terrified.

No purpose to this post. The fuzzy Rubick's cube still has 6 different colors on each side. And to top it off I write in half-sentences and bad metaphors. Maybe picking this up again was a bad idea for your sakes. My apologies.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    pam,

    is this guy your new latin lover? (see above comment)

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Doug said…

    Pam, take it from someone who was thinking similar things not so long ago...good things happen to good people. You're good people.

    And as for the smarts thing, I think the same thing too. People who think a lot can't help picking their strengths apart.

    In summation, Rubik's cubes suck. But you'll solve it soon. I'm sure.

    Peace and Good Things :)

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger kw said…

    Hmm...

    Be like me, and plan the whole professional student route. A good way to avoid the student loans since you "never" graduate, and at the same time, you get more education, and maybe CAN become smart again...

    and yea, i was once smart. Do people think of me as smart anymore? No. It all left me in high school. Keep it for as long as you can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home