A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Monday, May 28, 2007

Impromptu...

I never did look at the summer as a time for relaxing. Not in that lay-around-the-house way at least. It's always been a time for me to run around like a maniac shoving as many random plans in as possible. And I do mean random.

Liz made the mistake of playfully saying 'come visit meeee' while bored online on Saturday. Bit by the summer bug and a new haircut with a mind of its own, I said 'okay', convinced Papa he really wanted to come with and drove the 4 hours to SMC. It was practically pointless - Liz will be back in a week - but in that it was absolutely perfect. A new group of people to question my not drinking, falling asleep to 'Quantum Leap'...twice, enchilada's, the 'grand tour' of SMC, and constant harassment for my no-stopping policy on the way down. I was there for less than 24 hours. It was totally worth it.

This afternoon holds a mini-bbq. Just a precursor for the wonderfulness that is to be a Pool-Party at the Woodward's filled summer. We have strawberries and this excites me to no end.

I'm in a good place for the moment. Sweet.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    commmmeeee visit meeeeee


    no really dont actually come this time. you have work tomorrow.

    im glad you enjoyed!

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger Val said…

    Don't forget the Cranium! Fun times!

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    Hey, randomly reading blogs is the only way to get through a summer job. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home