A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Monday, June 18, 2007

The Sound of Settling...

'And when I see you, I really see you upside down
But my brain knows better, it picks you up and turns you around...'


I have found myself in a Deathcab mood for nearly four months now. So many lyrics I can apply to myself in so many different situations or moods. So many I wish someone had written for me...

'Love of mine
Someday you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark...
If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied
Illuminate the 'No's' on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
Then I will follow you into the dark'


I would like to be someone's muse, I think. At least serve as an inspiration. Or maybe it would be better to have on of my own. Something that at least yielded productivity. Instead of just infatuation I would at least get something cool out of it. A song or a painting or a dance or a play.

'You may feel alone when you’re falling asleep,
And every time tears roll down your cheeks.
But I know your heart belongs to someone you’ve yet to meet
And someday you will be loved
You’ll be loved, you’ll be loved
Like you never have known
And the memories of me will seem more like bad dreams
Just a series of blurs like I never occurred
Someday you will be loved'


Stupid itunes putting the above with the following...

'This is the moment that you know,
That you told her that you loved her, but you don't.
You touch her skin and then you think,
That she is beautiful, but she don't mean a thing to me...'


I sat in my car with my head on the steering wheel. Stupid music and stupid my need to relate it to everything else.

'There are different names for the same thing...'

5 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    Wow. That last quote, about the she doesn't mean anything... hits home. Tear.

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    I'd be positively honored to be your someone!

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Stylings of a Selective Amnesiac said…

    so... i just noticed your hampster ball post...

    its so true...
    so you need to go here.

    http://www.zorb.com/

    wheels are turning!
    i didn't discover this until AFTER i'd left New Zealand... and i was practically IN Rotorua

    ...road trip to the Smokey Mountains? anyone?

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Doug said…

    That Zorb thing...looks...OUTSTANDING!

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    thank you love.
    its sad but i can only really write as me it seems- no matter how much i try to make it be about a character or anything it just turns into me.
    i obviously lived to sheltered a life in north jersey suburbia the last two years. oh how that will change starting in august (we went apartment shopping today!)

    miss you too. <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home