A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Saturday, December 22, 2007

'And I can't go home - cuz you're my home...'

mmm SoCo - you allow me to survive traffic jams in states that should be too small to have major highways in them.

So the Maryland trip has sadly come to a close. It was a whirlwind four days, that's for sure, but I hand a fantastic time. To recap:

~I met the mom. Patrick says it went well. I think it could have. I just get nervous. We talked a lot about admissions-type things. She was very interested in school stats. I happen to know school stats. Patrick was dying for a change of topic. I definitely don't think she hates me. This is good.
~I like the brother. Chip is fun and funny. I feel like had he gone to La Salle we would have become friends anyway. He asked my opinion on the Christmas gift he got for his lady friend. I take this as a good sign.
~I got to see Annapolis. It was so quaint. I wish New Jersey's state capital was as cute. And the Governor's Mansion is located right in the middle of the town. I think our governor would get shot if he tried that. Good fudge place in the middle of town reminded me of the shore - and made me miss the shore. Shiver and drank tea after I'm pretty shore we trespassed on to a dock. It was worth it.
~I pumped my own gas for the first time ever. It sucked. God bless the catering to laziness in New Jersey.
~Tolls suck. Delaware sucks more. Seriously - people cross into that state and suddenly become incapable of driving.
~Cracked out food shopping with Mehow and Mel after many hours of driving is the greatest experience ever.
~The Cerkez's are awesome for letting nine of us crash in their house. And for cooking kickass food. And for having a really comfortable bed for me and my wife to sleep in.
~National Treasure is a pretty decent movie. I want to see the second one now.
~Videoes of Kyle singing and dancing to OKGo after driving through the same toll three times are hysterical.
~Washington DC is the stupidest city ever when it comes to street names. Whose brilliant idea was it to have multiple 7th streets and D streets in the same city. The capital should have stayed in Philly - we've got our shit together when it comes to a map.
~The spy museum was pretty kickass. We scored a four out of five on our mission. Then Emily ruined lives. It was excellent.
~Amanda was a pretty good spy. I was not.
~The museum really makes you think about stuff. Maybe there is a lot of stuff going on that we don't know. I'm trying to go back to being blissfully ignorant.
~Seriously - the Cerkez's know how to cook.
~My friends and I are old ladies and gentlemen who take naps at 7 PM.
~Game Show Network really is amazing when you watch it with friends.
and finally
~Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant and I find it hysterical. This makes me a horrible person and I might be okay with that.

That's about it. I miss my friends again already - can't we just stay at school over break and do like day trips? Yeah, I like that...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    This blog seriously just made me smile and giggle and miss you!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    So when you said SoCo helps you on drives, I thought three things:

    1. You were DRINKING?!
    2. In a CAR?!
    3. Oh wait, Something Corporate.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger P2B12 said…

    I'm a Cerkez and just wondered which house you stayed at :) My cousin, Paul, lives in MD....hmmm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home