A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Let's do the time warp again...

A month and a half. That's all the time that has passed since my last post. When I think of that it makes me feel ridiculous for everything that i've done in that time. It makes me feel like I'm moving too fast. But only when I think of that.

The fall semester is over. It is unbelievable how much I managed to fit into it. I think what I'm most excited about are the friendships I've strengthened over the past couple months. I didn't see them coming at all but I couldn't be more thankful for them. With some others cooling off, I don't know what I would have done had they not come along. Thank you...you know who you each are.

Cryptic-ness is to be saved, though, for December 31st and my second annual 15 Things list. I'm feeling more straightforward tonight than I have in a good long while.

London gives me back my best friend tonight. I'm thrilled. We probably would have gone the semester without seeing each other even if she had been in the country, but it's amazing how the physical distance seemed so...physical. We have so much to catch up on. But that will have to wait until I return from Maryland. The trip has the potential to be fantastic. Patrick is taking me into Annapolis, as I've never been. The trade-off is I have to meet the family. I'm irrationally nervous. After a day there it's off to the boondocks and Liz's house where we'll spend a night before going to the spy museum in DC for Amanda's going away celebration. I'm way excited. Don't judge me.

Something weighs heavy on my heart, though. I feel like a secret is being kept by some of the people close to me. I see it in their eyes. It's making me nervous and I'm inclined to pray more. I hope I'm being dramatic.

So much for not being cryptic...but that one isn't my fault.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    miss pamalalala,

    meeting the parents is the easiest thing ever for people like us. first: you like their son, and he is a product of them...so you'll probably like them. second: they are just as nervous as you are. you are smart and sassy and everything parents want in a girlfriend for their kid...unless they're crazy people.

    have fun on spy weekend. i'm bummed that i'm missing it. :( please blog about it when it's over.

    <3 megan

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Liz said…

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh spy weekend!!!! you won't see this till you get home because you are en route to my house. but ahhhhhhhhhhhh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home