A Semi-Automatic Smile

'One must try to recover memory - it has so many hiding places...'

Friday, December 28, 2007

'Turn around now - switch...'

Reading the back and forth over the 15 things entries and those violently opposed inspired me to try something different this year. So here is a list of 15 things that, given the chance along with the guarentee of no Butterfly Effect, I would have done differently owing to 20/20 hindsight:

1) I would not have written the first 15 things entry. Apparently it has resulted in major strife. Sorry.
2)I would not have bothered with a resolution. I should have known better. I think I did know better. I set myself up to fail.
3) I would have let go sooner.
4) I would have opened my eyes wider.
5) I would have put things in persepective sooner.
6) I would have taken people off of pedestals. Or, better yet, not put them there to begin with.
7) I would not have taken four sciences in one semester.
8) I would not have stressed out so much over physics.
9) I would have gone into the city more in the spring time.
10) I would have spent more time with my townhouse in the first semester.
11) I would have made it a point to find my Aunt Ellie after 'Smile' and given her a hug.
12) I would be less inclined to wear my heart on my sleeve.
13) I would have done a little something extra for my part in Urinetown. There was still something left to give, even if I'm not quite sure what that was.
14) I would have gone the extra mile.
15) I would have said exactly what I was thinking the one time I didn't and should have.

However - no regrets. The events and missteps of yesterday make me who I am today. And that person isn't so bad. A year ago I was afraid of 2007. Parts of it sucked. A lot. But a lot of that was my own fault - lesson learned. But the vast majority of it was pretty awesome. And we're on another upswing here. 2008 has the potential to be highly interesting...in a good way.

Don't let me down, '08.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hooray for 20/20 hindsight...and not doing a 15 things entry. :) i promise...tree and files coming soon...hallmark has given me 30+ hours each week, so i've been pretty busy. and that whole grad school thing....

    ps: i bought my baby book today. eeee.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Sara said…

    This is a great concept!

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Gwen said…

    i don't get the backlash of the 15 things entries because..... 2 people did them, how can there be all this angst against what 2 people did? sensitivity is a sorry thing sometimes

    i do, however, really like what you did here.

    annnnnnnnd, none of what i just wrote above really matters, BECAUSE

    i'm just writing to say i'm in the process of emailing you all my shit. ask and you shall receive, little one. once you get it, let me know if you have follow-up questions or are confused about anything. some things can at least give you a little direction, maybe. also, i rule. furthermore, so do you. so go us

    glad to help.

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kiddo, those who have found strife with the "15" entries, are insecure in themselves.

    Also, I haven't talked to you in a while. Fix this. Don't be Angela...

    Also, We need to hang out soon. I hope everything is falling into place for you.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Apparently I live under a rock because I have no clue what this backlash against this 15 things... thing... is that people keep talking about it. I have absolutely no clue. But maybe it's better that way.

    I miss you lots and still need to send you that audio of you singing that final song.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home